CfP: Tenth IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (IEEE ICSC2016), Laguna Hills, California, USA (extended deadline)
Semantic Computing (SC) is Computing based on Semantics (“meaning”, "context", “intention”). It addresses all types of resource including data, document, tool, device, process and people. The scope of SC includes analytics, semantics description languages and integration, interfaces, and applications including biomed, IoT, cloud computing, SDN, wearable computing, context awareness, mobile computing, search engines, question answering, big data, multimedia, and services.
The technical program of the Tenth IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC 2015) will include workshops, invited keynotes, paper presentations, panel discussions, demonstrations, and more. Submissions of high-quality papers describing mature results or ongoing work are invited.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Analytics (from contents to semantics): Structured data, image and video, audio and speech, big data, natural language, deep learning
• Description and Integration: Semantics description languages, ontology integration, interoperability
• Use of Semantics in IT Applications: Multimedia, IoT, cloud computing, SDN, wearable computing, mobile computing, search engines, question answering, web services, security and privacy
• Use of Semantics in Interdisciplinary Applications such as biomedicine, healthcare, manufacturing, engineering, education, finance, entertainment, business, science, humanity
• Interfaces: Natural language, multi-modal
Regular Papers, Short Papers, and Industry Papers. Authors are invited to submit an 8-page (regular), 4-page (short), or 6-page (industry) technical paper manuscript in double-column IEEE format following the guidelines available on the ICSC2016 web page.
Demonstration Papers and Posters. Authors are invited to submit an 2-page (demonstration or poster) technical paper manuscript in double-column IEEE format following the guidelines available on the ICSC2016 web page.
Workshops Proposals. The organizing committee invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference. These will focus on specific topics of the main conference. More information is available on the ICSC2016 web page.
The Conference Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press. Distinguished quality papers presented at the conference will be selected for publication in internationally renowned journals.
Important Dates (Extended Deadlines)
Workshop Proposals: Aug. 24, 2015
Regular Paper & Short Paper Submission: October 14, 2015
Demo Paper & Poster Paper Submission: October 14, 2015
Industry Paper Submission: October 14, 2015
Conference: February 3‐5, 2016